Sunday, September 4, 2011

First few days in Rio

Email from BAMO - Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:31:28 -0000 (GMT)
"We won you little beauty.
I have been in a hotel for the last two nights working on the yacht during the day. Today is our last deep clean day so we are then free to explore the city. It looks a great place with many parks, walkers & joggers everywhere.
You can see the statue of Christ the Redeemer from the yacht and I plan to visit it shortly.
I will visit an internet cafe for the first time on my time off & send or at least try to send some photos and more words.
I’m feeling good - all systems working well. I reckon I have lost 3 or 4 kilos but feeling good. All my sore muscles are recovering. I lost a sandal and my orthotic over the side when we were changing a sail up the front in a storm - Chrissy could you please ask Mr chard to make me a new set and bring them to Cape Town.
Talk soon,
love BAMO
Click here to see brief clip of Gold Coast's arrival in Rio
plus a short interview with Richie, the skipper.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment