Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Online Fund-Raising Web Page Launch

Today was very exciting day for this challenge project - Chris and I launched our online fund-raising web page www.everydayhero.com.au/barry_moore.
Having met with the team from Melanoma Patients Australia (MPA), Chris and I have chosen to support their organisation. MPA is a unique not-for-profit providing a national network of support to people diagnosed with melanoma and their families. Having experienced melanoma treatment first hand with my Dad, we felt the way in which MPA offers a "community of support in a time of need" was something really worthwhile. We also have a neice battling the disease, so we are thrilled to be able to do something to assist her and others like her.
The Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race is 40,000 nautical miles, so I've set a fund-raising target of AUS$40,000.
I'm asking friends, colleagues, clients (in fact anyone who will listen) to make a per-nautical-mile donation via the Everyday Hero page. Some people have pledged 1c per mile (total $40) others 10c per mile. Chris is sponsoring me $50 per race leg - you can structure your support however you want to.
To donate, please go to www.everydayhero.com.au/barry_moore. Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I'll keep updating the progress here on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment